Sunday, August 5, 2012

God is calling us to the Bible


Doesn't it seem these days that words hold so little meaning? When all around us is a whirlwind of chaos and trying to find the meaning of things gets more and more clouded. At times I can sense the desperation. I can see the good in people trying to make sense of it. Fighting against what they are seeing, what they are knowing, that something is very wrong and getting worse.

I spent over 10 years in prison on drug charges and started writing novels. Before I became a run-away 13 year old, I was brought up a Christian and learned enough about God through the Bible to know with all my heart, mind and soul there are no more powerful words then those in the Bible.

As a run-away kid I rebelled against the lack of control and pain of feeling abandoned. I know that my life in the drug war couldn't be stopped without a community, a church, or the love from any other kind of flock to intervene. That leads me to what gives the power to words.

I believe it's the spirit. In Ephesians 6-12 Paul writes about the power behind everything. "For We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Knowing the story of how Paul was an elite Jew who persecuted Christians before his conversion by God, at just the right time to shape the future, I find a little peace and comfort.

Another Bible scripture that brings home my point is in Matthew 17-20. "With a little faith, we can move mountains." This is where the Spirit comes in. No matter how much I believe in something, or how hard I try, I can't change things in a big way like moving a mountain any time soon. But God can and will if He is sought. So if I can get my spirit to line up closer to His, than maybe I don't have to try so hard.

With all of this said, I am going through a difficult time in my marriage and am separated from a lot I know I needed as that 13 year old run-away. My mind tries to make sense of it and I don't even trust my thoughts. In the news everywhere I see examples of how Democracy is hypocrisy and perception is reality. I see the truth divided into so many pieces that nothing seems unified any more. So I seek God and ask, Father bless my thoughts with what you want me to write about in my next book and in all other things so I know your Spirit is guiding me and I'm in your hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment